Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's been too long...

Well, again after a long break from my blog...  It's amazing how quickly resolve can dissolve when life gets beyond busy.  I have been plugging away - school, work, work, school.  And study on the weekends, ugh!  I thought those days were over.  But that's just how it goes in the pursuit of knowledge and self-improvement, right?  At times like this, I find myself asking what is it all for?

I crave a peaceful existence.  One of self-nurturing and slow days with time to visit friends and family, knit, take baths, listen to music, read, stretch and sleep.  I hope that with all that I am trying to do, I can get there.  I will get there, rather, not just hope.  Isn't that the point of this crazy ride?  To be able to do what we want to do?  Much like the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" at times, I find myself wishing that I could go backwards and take my knowledge into my youth.  But, if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't be where I am now - and as busy as I am, I like my life.

Tonight was a rare treat for my current existence.  I had some peaceful time at home and I just sat for a bit to watch some TV. I ate slowly (not standing up or in the car, as has become my daily standard).  I took a bath, scrubbed my face, and did masks for my face and hair.  It was beautiful.  It made me reminisce for those days in the newness of January when I had time to equally pamper and torture myself.  :)  And here I am clicking away.  Finally!

What is it all for?  My budding knowledge of all things holistic and healthy?  I must say, it is sad to sacrifice time, but I so enjoy every word I read.  I enjoy the skills I am gaining, and I enjoy knowing more about the agony and ecstasy of nutrition.  I can have my endless hours (lol) to pamper myself or I can learn and help other people take better care of themselves... easy choice.  Hopefully, I find more nights like tonight scattered here and there, so I can continue to write...

Peace,
Charlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment