Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Too much of a good thing?

I think I have been overdoing it a bit...

In my zeal for wellness, I tend to want to try all things at once.  All the natural masks, all the detox drinks, add all the vegetables to my salad... you get the drift.  Well, I love my new Ped-Egg - given to me by my loving and remorseful spouse (about the car thing yesterday), however, I have scrubbed my feet to the point of sores.  :(  My new, baby soft soles didn't fare so well at the gym yesterday - sores plus now blisters.  Thankfully, I didn't have to teach today so I could hobble around the house in agony with no one to share my pain with.

I have been eating lots (and I mean lots) of fruits and vegetables.  So many that I feel like my skin has a slight green tinge.  I didn't think there could be too much eating of the good stuff.  Needless to say, again, I am glad I have been home most of the day and not too far from my bathroom.  I won't go any further there...

Last, but not least, I noticed that while my skin feels supremely soft after the honey and egg facial from yesterday, I now have red spots on my skin.  Definitely over-doing this stuff; but I live and I learn.

As I move forward on my life's path, I continue to read and educate myself about nutrition.  I am currently embarking on an educational move that will land me some holistic nutrition and life coaching to my credentials :)  I am immensely excited about this, and will hopefully, add some skills to my (current) bag of tricks.  Already on my bookshelves I have some great books that have changed the way I view my health through my food - Eat To Live and Eat for Health - by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Eating Well for Optimal Health by Dr. Andrew Weil, and SuperFoods by Dr. Steven Pratt and Kathy Matthews.  Good stuff if you want to look at your food as medicine and want to live a long and healthy life.  I am excited for what the next phase in my educational development brings...

In the meantime, I am going to try to cool my jets a bit with the treatments (not the fruits and veggies - in time my digestion will normalize again).  Once a week with the facials and scrubs - what's the point of healthy skin if you scrub it all off, right? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the veggie intake. You will even out...eventually. He he he. :)

    ReplyDelete