Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Back on the bike :)

I found my groove in class today. Maybe it was the Japanese Sauna from yesterday... I felt like it drained away the last of my sickness. I don't mean sickness just from the travel and food and electrolyte imbalance. In a way, those were (in my mind) the remnants of the stress and anger and exhaustion and lack of time for myself that have built up over time. Every part of me is in healing mode right now and I am so letting go of all the b.s. Getting sick was the first stage of my detoxification process.

Anyway - back in class, I found a flow with the work that was previously just steps. I feel like it is becoming my own again - which is reassuring and more to my liking. We have learned everything we are going to learn, and over the next few days will be putting it all together over and over again. I like that - I like getting out of my head and into my body and just flowing with the work. That is the part of massage therapy that I am used to and feel at home with.

After class I again went back to the sauna. This time I tried a slimming detox treatment. I was stripped down, wrapped in cellophane by two young, friendly Thai women and then compressed and squeezed by this contraption that in my wildest dreams, I never would have come up with. I thought that by the time I was done I would certainly look like a svelte size 2, but alas, I have softer skin and (slightly) less visible cellulite - but nothing more. I did sweat more than I ever thought I could, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. It was certainly fun...

I have really lost the hangups I used to have about my body. I have this freedom from the treatments I have been getting - the Thai women in the spas don't seem to have any qualms about my naked flesh, so why should I? They handle me with efficiency and no modesty whatsoever (not to mention small but strong hands). And since I don't understand what they are saying, I can only assume they are complimenting me, right? It's funny. I don't have the slightest care about it anymore. I am just here to feel good.

When I got back to the guesthouse, Cory was waiting to give me my next bike lesson. The street was clear and quiet, so it was the perfect opportunity for me to take off and just try. I picked it up quite quickly - all remaining fears from the other night completely gone. I went up and down the street, navigating passing cars and bikes and just got it. Freedom!!! I then hit the open road for a bit, and holy crap - I had it. Now I want a Vespa to tool around on at home. Practical? No. Fun? You bet your a**. :) I am unstoppable, now. It's just too bad the bike has to be returned in three days. Not enough time for me to get my Easy Rider on, but I will do the best that I can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment