Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Heather and the Jump Squats

Today was health and wellness day for me.  Trying to recover from massive jet-lag is no easy feat... exercise, water and good nutrition have been the things I have been doing in the absence of consistent sleep.   I have been getting some workouts in this week - Heather invested in a Supreme 90 day workout while I was in Thailand - and we have been getting up early to work out like mad.  Sweating in the living room at 5 a.m. is not my idea of fun, but I was inspired by Heather's progress in a short period of time.  Needless to say, she looks good.  No - she looks amazing.

So this morning I woke up around 7 and got my butt moving.  I was flying solo, because Heather was in clinic.  She warned me that today's workout was going to be hard, and she was not messing around.  The Tabata Inferno - ugh.  5 minutes in and I was ready to throw up and/or quit.  Mountain climbers, bicycle crunches, squats, jump lunges, and on and on.  10 minutes in and I was ready to shoot Tom - the trainer.  I was watching people with 0% body fat do what I was attempting to do, but they were smiling and I was crying.  Their bodies remained in place during the torrent of activity, while mine was shaking like a bowl of jelly.

After the workout (I finished it in a fit of exhaustion and with sweat raining down - I did skip the last interval with an "F*** you Tom - I am skipping to the cool down"), I decided to take care of my skin.  Dry skin brushing and then a hot bath for my screaming muscles; homemade facial with scrub and mask; and then my homemade body wrap.  I wrapped myself in clay and cellophane and snuggled into a sheet and sleeping bag with my Thermophore on top for heat. By the end of all that, I was ready for a nap.  I was the consistency of a limp noodle.  My muscles were beyond pain - they were just worked completely out.

Heather got home after clinic and said (rather smugly), "Are you ready to throw-up?"  Ha.  I just laughed, because I finished my workout earlier.  "No way," I replied, "I already did it."  So off to the living room she went to get sweaty, and off I went to watch and gloat.  I sat and heckled her while she was working out - I wanted her to laugh, because she was so tired from her day.  I found a renewed energy while she was doing the moves, and I joined her for a few.  She is much better at them than I am (she is a natural athlete, and alas, I am nothing close to an athlete), and she looks much closer to the people on the screen than I do.  It is inspiring, and gives me something to shoot for.  She can jump-squat like a champion - and someday I will too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment