Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Movin' That Body...

So, after a week of clean eating and some skin detoxing, here are the results...

Skin - glowing.  Without any foundation on, I had two compliments on my skin.  One wanted to know what I was doing (yay).  The feet have healed and my skin is soft all over.  I feel like I have a good routine.  One detox mask and one hydrating mask on the weekends, and then let it go.  Light (and I do stress light) scrubbing on the feet ONCE a week at the most.  Skin brushing daily and heavy moisture in this cold, dry time of year.  I haven't yet gotten into parabens and what I am putting on my skin, but that's coming up.

Body - feeling good.  I feel healthy and clean and am craving lots of vegetables each day.  I didn't eat much dairy this week, until yesterday.  I had to teach all day and one of  my students made potato soup for the group lunch, that was very creamy.  While I knew it was full of fat, I decided to indulge with a small serving, but promptly followed it with a clementine and some prunes.  About an hour after I ate, I had abdominal pain and cramping.  I kept drinking the water though, and when I got home in the evening, the pain was gone and no other ill effects were felt.  Whew! (BTW- I am so glad I passed on dessert - S'mores made with Fudge stripe cookies and Reese's Peanut Butter cups.  My arteries started hardening as I watched my students devour that nonsense!)

Since my clothes are feeling comfortable and/or a bit loose, I decided to hop on the scale.  I was pleased to see that I had lost 4 pounds, a feat I have been unable to accomplish without lots of exercise and serious calorie counting.  Yay, me.  I am motivated to keep this eating style up (I did have some dark chocolate and some wine, and feel good about it - no dieting for me anymore), and made a trip to the local Co-Op today to stock up on some healthy food options.  Vegan burritos with whole wheat tortillas and homemade salsa and guacamole for dinner tonight...mmm...

This week's focus is on the fitness.  I am going to step up my activity to daily workouts.  Nothing crazy, just moving my body every day.  Last night, I read about how we have moved from an active society to a society that sits - in the car, at the office, at home at night, etc.  It made me want to move just to prove the author wrong.  But he was right.  I HAVE to exercise in order to feel good.  The benefits are endless... less stress, easier digestion, improved cardiovascular function, better sleep, and on and on.

And, I bet after this week, I can put on the jeans that are in the back of my closet (you know the ones - they taunt you and make you think of thinner, hotter times in your life) - I am going to move them to the front for the extra motivation on those mornings when I want to stay in bed.  Maybe I will sleep with the closet door open...

No comments:

Post a Comment